The Vivid Green Award
In association with
Win a Penthouse Garden Office from Vivid Green
Whether you are a Remote Worker, Home Worker, Home Business or you want to enter the Work from Home Award you will automatically be entered into The Vivid Green Award. This prize alone is worth £10K!
Description and specification of a winning Home Office.
The prize office can be chosen from two standard designs. Our philosophy of good levels of insulation (100mm thick walls, floor and roof) plus good quality windows and doors apply to these standard units as much as our bespoke designs.
Both units have a porch with underfloor heating, surface mounted electrics, internal lighting, clad in treated Larch or Douglas Fir with a rubber membrane for the roof covering with a 15-20 year life. In addition, these buildings are less than 2.5 metres high including foundations so can be sited within 2 metres of a boundary without planning permission. Headroom inside is a minimum of 2050mm.
The Penthouse 8 with 8 sq metres of floor space and a very contemporary, five sided look has two bays for a window seat (with the potential for storage under) or desk and is priced at £9,890. The Penthouse 7.5 is a rectangular building with 7.5 sq metres of floor space and one bay, priced at £9,530.
Penthouse 8 exterior
Penthouse 8 interior with window seat
Plan of Penthouse 8
Penthouse 7.5 front view
Penthouse 7.5 plan
* 3.1 x 3.1m less 'porch' to give 8.0m2 overall (Penthouse 8).
* 2.7 x 2.8m less 'porch' to give 7.5m2 overall (Penthouse 7.5) .
* Internal height: 2050mm rising to 2100mm.
Internally: OSB (oriented strand board) which can be painted, varnished or papered. (NB: this is not a finish which will conform with Fire Regulations but these buildings do not have to comply). A fire resistant finish of plasterboard (fireboard) can be fitted at extra cost.
* Tongue and groove cedar on battens over semi-permeable membrane.
* Roof: Firestone rubber membrane with expected life of 15 years.
* Timber windows and doors factory painted in olive green.
* Power, computer and phone sockets will be installed in surface mounted conduit/skirting together with fuse box/distribution board.
* Floor: 'nora' rubber flooring.
* Foundations assuming flat, level, load bearing surface.
* Delivery and installation.
* Internal wiring including fitting of light fittings (client supply)
* Preparation of ground to create flat, level, load bearing surface.
* Running of power and computer cables from house to office.
* Final connection of power and computer and phone cabling.
For more information or to view other garden offices and garden rooms, please visit Vivid Green.
Click the request information button to send Vivid Green an email.
For more information on Remote Employment:
Call us on 0844 800 8355
Find Flexible Jobs Working from Home!