The Open University
Open to people, places, methods and ideas!
Update your skills with The Open University Skills Award worth £3000! Improving your skills is the ideal way to increase your job security in an uncertain employment market.
The Open University Skills Award
Are you looking to re-train or re-skill following redundancy to get yourself back into work? Are you looking to improve your career prospects through professional skills development?
Now is your big chance to impress your friends and family by winning this prestigious award and have a brand new career or new job prospects all paid for by The Open University. The shortlisted entrants and the winner will enhance their CV by winning this prestigious award!
Win a new career
First prize: £2000
Improve your competitive edge with one of The Open University's world-class qualifications. The Open University is the UK's biggest provider of distance learning and provides high-quality university education to all.
Runner up prizes:
Two prizes worth £500 each!
Improve your professional skills or put towards a course or qualification. If you want to improve or update your professional skills but don't have the time to commit to a longer period of study, a flexible online course could be the perfect solution. eLearning courses can easily be picked up and put down as and when you have the time, and because they're delivered online, you can study wherever you like - on your lunch break at work for example, or when the kids have gone to bed.
Don't wait to learn
Could it be time for you to update your skills? Improving your knowledge will give you renewed confidence and will sharpen your competitive edge. Maybe things are looking shaky in your industry and the time's come to re-train completely. If so, The Open University offers a huge variety of vocational qualifications and work-focused training courses, many of which can be fitted flexibly around your existing work commitments.
Studying with The Open University is a great way to boost your career prospects. Many Open University students study to develop themselves in their existing role, or with a complete change of career in mind.
Every year The Open University helps thousands of professionals develop, including staff from companies like the NHS, Thomson Reuters, Virgin and BT. And with hundreds of courses leading to expertly designed qualifications, it's no wonder The Open University is the first choice for boosting the career options and earning power of so many people. Improve your competitive edge with an Open University course or qualification.
“There were some major changes at work and the future seemed uncertain. I decided to formalise my skills and experience”.
Dermot Cronin, Open University Business student
And with The Open University's continuing investment in cutting edge technologies, it's now easier than ever for you to fit learning around your working day. Employers also understand that studying part time while managing work and personal commitments shows determination, adaptability, motivation and a high level of organisational and problem-solving skills - qualities that they value highly.
Enhance your career with a qualification in:
Business, Management and Finance
Computing and IT
Engineering and Technology
Maths and Statistics
Healthcare and Health Science
Social Work and Social Care
Working with Children and
Social Sciences and Psychology
Professional Skills Development
Inspired? Order a prospectus now...
For more information, or to order a prospectus:
Call: 0845 300 8846
Click the request information button to send The Open University an email.
5 Reasons to choose The Open University
The quality of our courses has earned us recognition from key industry bodies around the world. You may also be able to claim credit for previous study at higher education level.
2. Freedom & Flexibility
The real benefit of open learning is that studying can fit around your life.
3. Value for money
When you consider the cost of full time education, part-time open learning with The Open University offers real value. Find out how much it costs and what financial support is available.
4. A great boost to your career
The Open University courses can help you do your job better and get on faster in your career.
There are over 580 courses for you to choose from, across a range of fascinating subject areas.
Total prize value £3, 000!
* Must demonstrate a burning desire to study and learn more.
Please answer as many of the following questions as possible, your answers will be used to get a bigger picture of your application.
1. Demonstrate commitment to learning and self-improvement
* Why would you like to study or retrain? What do you want to study? Do you have any other qualifications or formal training?
* If you win, how do you intend to use this prize when you qualify? What difference would it make to your life?
* Do you intend to use this prize to advance your existing career, a hobby that coud generate an income or train for a brand new career?
* How will you show that you are self starting and motivated to see out the full study programme?
2. Why should you win The Open University Skills Award?
* What experience or skills have you gained so far in life? Feel free to give as much information as you feel would strengthen your application, without repeating any of the other questions.
*What challenges have you overcome in order to advance your career? Please feel free to show examples of self-enlightenment.
* Why should we award this prize to you rather than another entrant? Give us an example of the lengths you would go to in order to win this skills award.
3. Your supported 'Open Learning'
* Where would you intend to study? Would it be separate to your living space to afford you the privacy you need to make the most of this generous award?
* What disciplines would you bring to studying around your work and home commitments to ensure maximum productivity?
* What do you think you would most like or dislike about studying in your own time?
* Give us any other information that you feel will help the judges pick you for this skills award.
How to Enter
Whether you are working or not, if have already studied or if you have never studied, if you have been made redundant and want a new career or if you have been dreaming of gaining more knowledge or skills and want to study for your dream job, enter this award now!
For more information on Remote Employment:
Call us on 0844 800 8355
Find Flexible Jobs Working from Home!