Make Your Party Plan Great
Remote Employment offers you a wide variety of Party Plan Jobs where you can work from home, enjoy flexible hours and earn an income working at home with a home based party plan job.
Running your own party plan home based business gives you the opportunity to work around your family needs while maintaining a healthy income with a party plan job. To help you succeed we have put together a list of hints and tips to ensure success for your party planning business.
Professional Tips and Techniques To Make a Good Party Great
1. Displaying your goods properly and attractively can increase sales many times over. Products should be displayed on a sturdy table with quality cover, preferably in a fabric and colour to compliment your goods. Crushed velvet or silk is excellent for silver and jewellery and increases the perceived value of what you display. Go for pastel shades and medium fabrics, not fancy textures or gaudy patterns! Have a spotlight focussed on your display, especially for silverware and jewellery. Where possible, stage your display to add height at the back and make sure everything is easy to see.
2. Keep 'like' goods together fancy goods beside giftware, jewellery next to cosmetics, household goods beside kitchenware, and so on.
3. For jewellery and cosmetics, always have a few hand mirrors available or arrange a fancy mirror on a small folding card or picnic table covered with plain fabric. Place a chair alongside.
4. Evening parties tend to be most productive, with possible exceptions Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and it seems the most convenient time for most people to attend is between 7.30 pm and 9.00 pm.
5. When a party has been arranged and a host appointed, follow up with a telephone call a few days before the event. Go over the arrangements and send an informal note indicating the hosts' responsibilities. Make a point of emphasising what incentives the host receives. Ask the host to send out party invitations and to remind their most regular contacts.
6. Don't forget it's a social event too. Arrange chairs in a circle and place refreshments and nibbles close by. Allow guests at least ten minutes to mingle and chat before the selling begins.
7. Don't have television, radio, pets or children playing in the background. Keep all distractions to a minimum.
8. Work to an agenda, including starting and finishing times and the order you want to accomplish your major tasks demonstrating, selling, taking orders, recruiting hosts, and so on. Allow about 20 minutes for demonstrating the goods and follow up with 15 minutes or so for guests to get a closer look or discuss their purchases with friends. Place order forms in a convenient spot and announce the time when guests should place their orders with the host, or with you direct.
9. Mingle with guests but don-t be too pushy. Have them wear name tags and make sure your name is noticeable, too.
10. At the end of the party, make a big thing of presenting the host with her gift and inviting her or him, publicly, to the next party to receive her cash award. Hand out leaflets or business cards to guests indicating when your next party will be and how they might apply to host parties themselves.
Above all, be enthusiastic! If you show you are enjoying yourself, this will reveal itself in the way you demonstrate your goods and, in turn, will mean increased profits for you.
Have a good time!
For more information on Remote Employment:
Call us on 0844 800 8355
Find Flexible Jobs Working from Home!